Seasoned ground beef smashed onto small flour tortillas and then cooked on a hot griddle to create a delicious fusion of a classic cheeseburger in the form of a taco.
Your family is going to love this fun & easy trending dinner recipe!
This awesome twist on traditional burgers combines the best of both worlds, fusing the flavors of a juicy cheeseburger in the unique form of a taco. It’s a fun and easy dinner recipe that will have your family begging for more! Whether you’re firing up a Blackstone griddle, using a trusty cast iron skillet, or simply using a regular pan on the stovetop, this deliciously quick family meal is always a hit.
Step 1Start off by smashing a thin layer of ground beef onto small flour tortillas, and then sprinkle on your favorite seasoning blend. We love Montreal Steak seasoning, but even just a little salt and pepper will do.
Step 2Cook with the ground beef side down on a greased pan or griddle set to medium-high heat for about 2 minutes. We make these outdoors on our Blackstone griddle so that wet can cook them all at once, but they are just as yummy made in a cast iron skillet or even regular pan on your stove.
Step 3Flip and immediately top the beef with shredded cheese. Let the cheese melt into ooey-gooey goodness as the other side finishes cooking, which should only take a minute or two. This can happen REALLY FAST depending on how hot your griddle is.
Step 4Remove from the heat and top with your favorite burger condiments. We used fresh lettuce, diced tomatoes and pickles, as well as Kinder’s store-bought burger sauce. You can also make your own Big Mac sauce by simply mixing together mayo, ketchup, mustard, and pickle relish.
The result is a perfect harmony of flavors and textures, with the crispy, seasoned patty mingling with the crunchy tortillas, creamy sauce, fresh lettuce, and juicy tomatoes. We actually like this way of making burgers more than the traditional! You won’t believe how yummy they are.
As it turns out, combining these two comfort foods is a smashing idea!
These smash burger tacos are a crowd-pleasing meal for any occasion. They’re perfect for a casual weeknight dinner, a fun gathering with friends, camping with your Blackstone griddle, or even a summer cookout. So grab your favorite toppings, fire up the grill, and get ready to savor this heavenly fusion of flavors! They put regular burgers to shame.
The ultimate, family-friendly, quick, and easy dinner recipe that will bring smiles to everyone's faces. This fun twist on traditional cheeseburgers combines the flavors of a juicy smashed patty with the unique form of a taco. Not only delicious, but incredibly easy to make with just a few common ingredients. Even the pickiest of eaters will get a belly full!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 taco size flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- seasoning of choice
- oil for greasing the cooking surface
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp pickle relish
- shredded lettuce
In a small bowl, mix together the mayo, ketchup, mustard, and relish to make the sauce. Totally optional as you can also buy burger sauce or simply use your favorite condiments.
Preheat a Blackstone griddle, cast iron skillet, or even regular pan to medium-high heat.
Separate the raw ground beef into six equal parts and smash the beef down onto your tortillas to create an even thin layer covering the entire surface of the tortillas. Sprinkle the beef with your seasoning of choice.
Lightly grease your pan or griddle with oil. The amount of oil needed will depend on the pan you are using as well as the fat content of your beef. We used about 2 tbsp on our Blackstone griddle.
Place the tortillas down onto your cooking surface with the BEEF SIDE DOWN and cook for approximately 2 minutes.
Flip and immediately top the beef with shredded cheese. Continue cooking for 1-3 minutes or until the tortillas are crisp and the beef is cooked to your liking. The tortillas can burn easily if your griddle is too hot! Keep a close eye on them as they may be done after only a minute.
Remove from the heat and add your desired toppings. Fold and eat like a taco while you savor every scrumptious bite.
- If you're worried about the raw beef going directly onto the tortillas, don't be! It's smashed so thin it cooks through on both sides quickly.
- I recommend smashing the ground beef all the way to the edge of the tortillas because it does shrink quite a bit while cooking.
- A Blackstone griddle or cast iron skillet works best for this recipe because you want a really hot surface to get crispy smashed burgers, however, a non-stick pan also works in a pinch.
- You can also use corn tortillas for this recipe, just keep in mind that they don't hold together as well.
- There are several store-bought burgers sauces that taste just like Bic Mac sauce! We love the Kinder's brand.
- You can obviously use any cheese for this recipe. I prefer shredded cheese because it melts in half the time as sliced cheese. You can also cover the burger tacos with a lid for the last minute of cooking to allow the cheese to melt even faster.
- In the unlikely event you end up with leftovers, they are just as good reheated the next day in your air fryer at 390° for about 5 minutes.
- Here's a fun idea: Try this same concept with ground sausage to make breakfast tacos. Simply top with scrambled eggs and salsa!
If you like this yummy dinner idea, check out this list of 21 Fun & Easy Ground Beef Dinner Recipes!