Simple and delicious meals to make with ground beef that are guaranteed to captivate your family's taste buds.
Quick & Easy Family Meals
Ground beef is probably the only meat you can’t screw up, which is what makes it so popular. It’s cheap, easy to cook, and super versatile. You can throw it in a casserole, into a pot of soup, stuff it into tortillas, mix it with pasta, or serve it over a salad. It makes cooking dinner a breeze!
I’ve rounded up a list of my favorite ground beef dinner ideas that are simple to make with just a few ingredients. You will find everything here from kid-friendly comfort foods to healthy, low carb main dishes.
1. Baked Tortellini Casserole
This amazing dinner has over 2 million shares on Pinterest with great reviews! It’s a fabulous Italian inspired meal especially if you have picky eaters at home. Serve it with a side of Caesar salad and garlic bread for the ultimate dinner on busy weeknights.
2. Frito Taco Pie
A fun twist on tacos! This ground beef pie recipe has a crescent dough crust that is filled with all of your favorite taco ingredients including crunchy corn chips, cheese, and sour cream. Top it with fresh chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes, avocado, jalapeños, or anything else you’d like.
3. Taco Stuffed Shells
These stuffed pasta shells are a Mexican-Italian infusion your entire family will enjoy! Those jumbo sized pasta shells are so much fun to eat, especially when they’re stuffed with this delicious cream cheese and ground beef mixture, topped with shredded cheese, and then baked until warm and gooey.
4. Crunchwrap Supreme
Learn how to make this Taco Bell favorite from home! You can customize it to your liking, and it’s obviously much healthier than the long list of weird ingredients fast food chains use. The crispy tostada in the middle is the perfect complement to the tender beef and gooey cheese.
5. Cheeseburger Soup
This thick and hearty soup is loaded with tender ground beef along with some healthy veggies, making it a great choice for dinner during the cold winter months. Every cheesy bite is the definition of comfort food. HINT: Top it with crispy bacon for a little extra indulgence.
6. Taco Stuffed Zucchini Boats
If you’re looking for healthy ground beef dinner ideas, zucchini boats are the way to go! Simply hollow them out and stuff them with this cheesy beef mixture, top with more cheese, and then bake until the cheese is melted and the zucchini is tender.
7. Chili Mac
This classic recipe is so simple to make but packed full of flavor. I personally think it’s ingenious to combine taco seasoned ground beef with boxed macaroni and cheese. Delicious! This is another great recipe for picky kids.
8. Ground Beef Enchiladas
How can you go wrong with tortillas stuffed full of seasoned ground beef and cheese, and then loaded with enchilada sauce and more cheese? Yes, please! These ground beef enchiladas are on regular rotation at my house.
9. Stuffed Bell Peppers
Because of their tough and crunchy skin, bell peppers make for the perfect little edible bowls. Stuff them with a mixture of ground beef, your choice of rice, corn, tomatoes, garlic, and lots of cheese to make this healthy yet amazing dinner.
10. Cheeseburger Casserole
With close to 2 million shares on Pinterest, this cheesy hamburger casserole is another pasta dish that never disappoints! It’s incredibly quick and easy to make with just a handful of cheap ingredients, but it has everything you need in a meal.
11. Stuffing Meatloaf
I’ve never been a fan of meatloaf, until I discovered how a box of StoveTop stuffing can completely revolutionize this classic dinner! It adds a ton of flavor without a lot of ingredients. You can additionally add anything else to the mix that you’d like such as chopped garlic, diced onion, parmesan cheese, herbs, etc.
12. Cheesy Cabbage & Beef Skillet
If you’re looking for healthy dinner recipes that your entire family can enjoy, you’ve got to try this amazing cabbage and ground beef skillet all tossed together in one pan. It’s packed full of fiber and protein, and is incredibly savory and delicious. Even my picky kids enjoy this meal with a little rice!
13. Taco Lasagna
This is basically a burrito or taco, but instead of eating it the traditional way, the ingredients are all layered into a large baking dish like lasagna. Pretty fun, right? You can layer it with any of your favorite taco ingredients like ground beef and refried beans, and then top it with fresh produce like avocado and tomato. Mmm.
14. Million Dollar Spaghetti
Pasta noodles baked with layers of cheese? Yes, please! It makes such a huge difference in the taste, texture, and flavor of traditional spaghetti. I suppose there’s a reason it’s called “Million Dollar Spaghetti”. It’s similar to lasagna but easier to eat thanks to the thin noodles.
15. Tater Tot Casserole
This easy casserole is made with cheap ingredients that your family will love including ground beef, cream of mushroom soup, cheddar cheese, green beans, onion and tater tots. Some serious comfort food! Layer, bake, and watch your family clean their plates clean.
16. Sloppy Joe French Bread Slices
This is the most delicious last-minute meal, game day appetizer, or even hearty snack on a lazy Sunday afternoon at home. Simply mix your favorite can of sloppy joe sauce with ground beef and onion, slather it on french bread, top with cheddar cheese, bake, and BAM! Absolute heaven.
17. Cheesy Beef & Cauliflower Rice
This low carb dinner skillet is perfect for anyone who doesn’t want to spend all night in the kitchen cooking and cleaning up. Thanks to frozen cauliflower rice and ground beef, this recipe is a breeze to throw together in just one pan on busy weeknights. And, it’s delicious!
18. Lazy Shepherd’s Pie
If you’re looking for cheap and easy dinner recipes for a large family, this ground beef and mashed potato casserole is always a hit! Even your picky eaters will love this hearty dinner. It’s also loaded with veggies, so consider it healthy enough to serve often.
19. Taco Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Calling all pasta lovers! If your family likes cheese, spaghetti and tacos, they’re going to devour this fun and tasty taco baked spaghetti. You’re simply going to mix taco ingredients with pasta, bake, and EAT.
20. Lazy Enchilada Casserole
This baked enchilada casserole is a whole lot of fun to make for the family! There’s something so exciting to me about all of these simple ingredients mixed up together and then baked to perfection. It may look like a mess, but it tastes just like enchiladas.
21. Cheesy Beef Taco Salad
There’s really no instructions needed here! Simply brown a pound of ground beef with a packet of taco seasoning and water, and then serve it over a bed of lettuce with your favorite taco ingredients: avocado, shredded cheese, tomatoes, avocado, jalapeño, corn, crunchy chips, sour cream, etc. This is my absolute favorite meal on busy weeknights.
Ground Beef 101
- Ground beef should be cooked in a pan or on a grill that’s been preheated to medium-high heat. This helps to develop a nice crust on the meat and prevent it from sticking.
- The lean-to-fat ratio can impact the flavor and juiciness of the meat. The higher the fat content, the more flavorful and juicy the meat can be. I prefer 80/20 for most recipes.
- Ground beef can be cooked ahead of time and stored in the freezer for quick and easy meals later on. Simply thaw it out the day before you plan on using it.
- It can vary in color from bright red to brown. This is due to the exposure of oxygen and the age of the meat, however, color is not a reliable indicator of freshness or safety.
- Not a beef fan? Ground beef can be substituted for other ground meats, such as ground turkey or chicken.
- Adding salt to ground beef before cooking can help to enhance its flavor. Garlic powder and onion powder are also universal spices that work well with most recipes.
- Ground beef can be labeled with various grades, such as Select, Choice, and Prime. These grades are based on the marbling and age of the meat, with Prime being the highest quality. However, these grades are not always included on ground beef packages.
- It can be a good source of protein, iron, and other nutrients. However, it can also be high in saturated fat and calories.
- Raw ground beef can be frozen for up to 3-4 months. It’s best to store it in an airtight container or freezer bag to prevent freezer burn, and don’t forget to date the container.