An easy make-ahead cold party appetizer! Made with just 5 simple and healthy ingredients.
I’m always on the look out for quick and easy party appetizers that can be made ahead of time and are easy to transport to the party, and these greek salad skewers fit the bill quite nicely. As a bonus, they’re also healthier than most finger foods, low carb, gluten free and vegetarian so they are perfect for even the pickiest of eaters.
Simply marinate cucumber slices, cherry tomato halves and olives in your favorite Greek or Italian salad dressing. You could also make your own homemade dressing, but I’m obviously too lazy for that.
Green or kalamata olives go well with this recipe, just be sure that they are pitted. You could also add in a little red onion, but my family isn’t crazy about them so I always leave them out.
I find that the chunked feta cheese stays together quite nicely on the skewers and helps keep the skewers standing straight up when placed on last.
Cut the feta up into bite-size pieces (I made 36), and marinate it separately so that it doesn’t fall apart when being tossed with the rest of your veggies.
You can marinate everything over night, or just a few hours before serving. Now that’s all you have to do is assemble the marinated veggies and cheese onto small skewers, and you’re done!
The combination of all of these ingredients together is superb. The veggies have that nice crunch, the olives give it the perfect touch of salt, and the feta cheese is what makes it so scrumptious. Mmmmmmm.
This easy make-ahead cold party appetizer is not only healthy, gluten free, low carb and vegetarian but it's a real crowd pleaser! It's made with just 5 simple ingredients that can be thrown together in no time.
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1 large cucumber (cut into bite-size pieces)
- 1 (9.5oz) jar of pitted kalamata olives (drained)
- 1 (8oz) chunk of feta (cut into 36 cubes)
- 1 bottle of Greek or Italian dressing
- small skewers
Marinate the cucumber pieces, halved cherry tomatoes and olives in a bowl with your favorite Greek or Italian salad dressing (over night or a few hours before serving). Marinate the feta cubes in a seperate bowl.
Assemble the skewers by layering the olives, tomato, cucumber and feta.
- You may be able to leave your tomatoes whole if they're small enough (mine were too big for my skewers). Just keep in mind that you may need more than 1 pint if you're keeping them whole.
- For added pizzazz, you can sprinkle on a little parsley or dill once the skewers are assembled.
- If you're trying to avoid gluten, please check the salad dressing label to make sure it's gluten-free.
Don’t forget to pin and save for later! 🙂