A Quick & Easy Dinner Recipe The Entire Family Will Love
Who isn’t looking for simple meals made with just a handful of ingredients? I don’t know about you, but I’m always on the hunt for easy and healthy dinner recipes that my picky eaters won’t complain about.
This casserole dish recipe is incredibly easy to make with just six ingredients: rotisserie chicken, zucchini, StoveTop Stuffing, butter, sour cream and a can of cream of chicken soup.
Don’t let the simplify fool you, this casserole is absolutely delicious! Even though it’s loaded with veggies, this main dish is quite hearty and comforting. It is one of the BEST kid friendly dinner ideas, and husband approved, too.
The only prep work required for this recipe is pulling the chicken, dicing the zucchini and melting the butter. That’s it! It should take you less than 10 minutes.
Once you have everything ready, you simply mix everything together and spread it into a large casserole dish and bake uncovered in the oven for about 35 minutes.
Dinner is served! The stuffing on top gets really crispy which pairs perfectly with the chicken and zucchini mixture. The stuffing also has a ton of flavor in it so there’s no need for additional seasoning.
This quick and easy casserole recipe has just about every food group in it, so don’t worry about any side dishes! It’s incredibly filling and satisfying just on its own.
Looking for quick, easy and healthy dinner recipes for the family? Even your picky eaters will love this simple casserole dish! It's made with just a handful of cheap ingredients that are a breeze to throw together on busy weeknights. This one dish meal will soon be a family favorite.
- 1 small rotisserie chicken (pulled & shredded)
- 3 medium sized zucchinis (diced)
- 1 (6oz) box Stove Top chicken stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 (10oz) can cream chicken soup
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
In a large bowl, melt the butter and then mix with the box of dry stuffing mix; set aside HALF of the mixture for topping the casserole later.
Add the pulled chicken, diced zucchini, cream of chicken soup and sour cream to the stuffing and mix well.
Spread the mixture into your baking dish and then evenly sprinkle the top with your reserved stuffing mixture.
Bake, uncovered, in the middle rack for 35-45 minutes or until it's warmed through and the top is golden brown.
- You can also use about 3 cooked and cubed chicken breasts for this recipe in place of the rotisserie (although I would season it with a little salt, pepper and garlic powder).
- Feel free to add any other soft veggies to the mix that you'd like such as yellow squash, corn or mushrooms.
- I've had a few questions about the boxed stuffing. There's NO need to cook the stuffing or follow any instructions on the box. Just mix the DRY stuffing with the melted butter. Easy peasy!
Don’t forget to pin and save this easy dinner recipe for later! 🙂