A quick, easy and healthy snack idea! Even your picky eaters will love this fun & simple recipe.
If you’re looking for healthy after school snacks for at home or on the go (that your kids will ACTUALLY eat), these broccoli cheese cups are super simple and fun to make with cheap ingredients: broccoli, cheddar cheese, Ritz crackers, an egg and a little seasoning to taste.
Simply toss everything together and bake in a mini muffin tin. You and your kids will love this quick and easy snack idea! They’re perfect for toddlers, kids, teenagers, busy moms and picky eaters. So crispy and scrumptious! These little broccoli tots are a great way to sneak in some veggies to your kids’ diet.
I just buy the frozen microwavable broccoli to make this even easier. Most of the small packages make about 3 cups once cooked and chopped, so it’s perfect for this recipe.
Simply mix everything together and then squish the mixture down into a GENEROUSLY greased muffin tin (you should only have enough mixture to fill about 16 wells). Top with a little more cheese, and then bake in a 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes. Done!
Like things extra crispy? You can also add a bit of cheese to the bottom of your greased muffin wells before adding your mixture. The cheese that touches the pan is what makes them crispy on the outside.
Looking for quick, easy and healthy snack ideas for kids? These broccoli cheese tots are made with just a handful of simple ingredients: Broccoli, cheddar cheese, Ritz crackers, an egg and seasoning to taste. This fun snack idea is perfect for toddlers, kids, teens, picky eaters and adults! A healthy but delicious after school snack idea for at home, on the go or even their school lunchbox.
- 3 cups cooked and chopped broccoli
- 1 large egg
- 12 Ritz crackers (crushed)
- 1 heaping cup of cheddar cheese (plus more for topping)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
In a medium size bowl, mix all of the ingredients together until well incorporated.
Generously grease a mini muffin tin and evenly distribute the mixture into about 16 of your muffin tin cups.
Use your fingers to squish the mixture down so that it's well compacted.
Top with more cheese and bake in the center rack for 14-16 minutes or until the cheese starts to brown.
Let them cool for at least 5 minutes before removing them from the pan.
Serve alone or with a little ranch or ketchup for dipping.
Store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- The mixture will seem a bit dry, but this is what makes them crispy and not too eggy. Add an extra egg if you want more of a quiche consistency. They're great for breakfast this way!
- To make it easy, I just buy the microwavable frozen broccoli.
- Like things crispy? You can add a pinch of cheese to the bottom of your greased muffin tin wells before adding your mixture.
- Feel free to season however you'd like. You could also add onion powder or black pepper. Don't forget that the Ritz crackers already have added salt.
Want more healthy snack ideas like this? Check out these 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cheerio Bars!