A quick and easy family dinner recipe!
The idea of turning ground beef into a clump of meat and calling it dinner has never been appealing to me, until now. I’m a big of fan of Stove Top Stuffing, so this recipe intrigued me. That little box full of breadcrumbs is packed with flavor, and I love the simplicity of mixing these four cheap ingredients together to create something a little different than our usual steak or chicken dinner.
Serve this yummy meatloaf with mashed potatoes and a side of your favorite vegetables.
This easy meatloaf recipe turned out to be absolutely wonderful, and my husband went back for seconds! That’s usually how I decide whether a recipe is a keeper or not. We served it with store-bought mashed potatoes and green beans for an easy weeknight meal.
Quick & Easy Stove Top Stuffing Meatloaf Recipe
How To Not Screw It Up
- A higher fat ground beef is best as the stuffing absorbs a lot of the moisture. If you’re using a lean beef, add a little extra water.
- You can use any flavor of stuffing that you’d like but I highly recommend the Stove Top brand. The amount in the box is perfect for mixing with 1 pound of ground beef.
- You can also use bbq sauce or chili sauce in place of the ketchup! Or, a combination of sauces.
- If you want to take it up a notch, feel free to add some diced onion, chopped garlic, fresh herbs or shredded cheese.
1In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, dry stuffing mix, eggs, water, and HALF of the ketchup.
2Place the mixture into a greased bread loaf pan. If you don’t have a pan, you can also form a loaf and place it on a foil lined baking sheet. Evenly spread the remaining ketchup over top.
3Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. If you don’t have a thermometer, you can cut the meatloaf down the center to check for doneness.
4Allow this delicious clump of juicy meat to set for about 5 minutes before slicing.
A quick and easy ground beef dinner recipe your family will love! This budget meal takes less than 5 minutes to prepare, and then the oven does all the work for you. No fussy steps or exotic ingredients here, just 4 cheap ingredients needed to make the best meatloaf, ever!
- 1 pound ground beef *see notes
- 1 box Stove Top Stuffing (any flavor)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, dry stuffing mix, eggs, water and HALF of the ketchup.
Place the mixture into a greased bread loaf pan. If you don't have one, you can form a loaf and place it on a foil lined baking sheet. Fold the edges of the foil up to keep the beef juices contained for easier clean-up.
Spread the remaining ketchup over top. You can also use bbq sauce, chili sauce or a combination of sauces.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
Allow the meatloaf to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing. Enjoy with mashed potatoes or anything else you'd like!
- A higher fat ground beef works best for this recipe. The breadcrumbs from the box of stuffing absorb a lot of the moisture. If you're using a lean pack of ground beef, you may need to add a little extra water, a splash of milk or an additional egg.
- Want to take this recipe up a notch? Add some diced onion, chopped garlic, shredded cheese, spices or fresh herbs to the beef mixture before baking.
The Best Way To Reheat Meatloaf
- Preheat oven to 250ºF
- Place your leftover meatloaf slices in a shallow dish.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of beef broth over each slice (optional).
- Cover the dish with foil and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- You can also reheat your slices in a skillet over medium-low heat with a little bit of oil for about 4 minutes, flipping half way thorough.
How To Freeze Leftover Meatloaf
- Slice the loaf into individual servings and then wrap each one with aluminum foil. Place them in a freeze safe bag.
- Defrost the portions you want to eat in the fridge overnight.
- Bake in a dish while still wrapped in the aluminum foil at 350ºF for 18-25 minutes.
Don’t forget to pin and save this easy ground beef dinner recipe for later! 🙂