Make the most delicious dump cake ever with just a can of pineapple, cherry pie filling, yellow cake mix, and butter.
The EASIEST cake recipe you’ll ever make!
You’re in for a treat today, folks. This 4 ingredient dump cake recipe could not be easier to make. With gooey layers of crushed pineapple and cherry pie filling, topped with yellow cake mix and butter, this simple dessert recipe will have everyone begging for seconds. Add a scoop of creamy vanilla ice cream on top and you have the best dump cake recipe ever!
I’m always searching for an easy and quick dessert recipes to have on hand for parties, family gatherings, and pot lucks. I love that this recipe takes 5 minutes to prep and has the consistency of homemade cobbler. This pineapple cherry dump cake is perfect for every occasion because it travels really well. Add a lid or foil over your baking dish and you’re ready to take this delicious cake anywhere!
What You’ll Need
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (21 oz) can cherry pie filling
- 1 box yellow cake mix (dry)
- 1 1/2 sticks cold butter (3/4 cups)
How To Make Pineapple Cherry Dump Cake
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Next, layer the ingredients. Pour the pineapple (juice and all) into the dish and spread in an even layer. Spread the cherry pie filling on top of the pineapple. Then, sprinkle the DRY cake mix on top of the cherry pie filling and spread evenly with a spoon.
- Cut the cold butter into 18 equal pieces and place evenly over the dry cake mix.
- Bake the dump cake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. A scoop of ice cream on top is a must for this dessert recipe!
Tips and Tricks
- If the top of the dump cake begins to brown too much while baking, cover with foil until it is cooked through.
- I like to use cold butter slices instead of melted butter for this recipe. I find that this give a more even butter layer on top!
- Add a little crunch to this cherry pineapple dump cake recipe by adding 1/2 cup of chopped nuts to the top before baking.
- Try experimenting with different cake flavors and pie filling combinations. For instance- using blueberry pie filling and a lemon cake mix sounds absolutely divine!
A gooey and buttery dump cake recipe using just 4 ingredients. Pineapple cherry dump cake is easy to make and so delicious to eat. Simply layer crushed pineapples, cherry pie filling, yellow cake mix and butter to make the easiest dessert recipe ever. Don't forget a scoop of ice cream on top for a truly divine dessert that everyone will love!
- 1 can crushed pineapple (20 oz)
- 1 can cherry pie filling (21 oz)
- 1 box dry yellow cake mix
- 1 ½ sticks butter
Preheat oven to 350 °F and grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Layer ingredients: Pour pineapple with juice into the baking dish and spread evenly. Spread cherry pie filling on top of pineapple layer. Next, sprinkle dry cake mix on top of cherry pie filling and spread evenly with a spoon.
Cut cold butter into 18 equal pieces and arrange in an even layer on top of the cake mix.
Bake the pineapple cherry dump cake at 350 °F for 50-60 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Top with a scoop of ice cream and enjoy!
- If the dump cake begins to brown too much before it's done baking, cover with foil until it is cooked through.
- Using cold butter slices provides a more even layer of butter than melted butter. Also use real salted butter instead of margarine as margarine can get greasy and make the top layer soggy.
- Add a little crunch to the pineapple cherry dump cake recipe by adding 1/2 a cup of chopped nuts on top before baking.
- Try experimenting with different cake flavor and pie filling combinations. Blueberry pie filling and lemon cake mix, for instance, sound delicious.
Don’t forget to pin and save this easy dessert recipe for later! 🙂